Bonnie Francesca Wright
2001 to present
|In Harry Potter|
Early lifeBonnie was born on 17 February, 1991 in London, England to Gary Wright and Sheila Teague, who are both jewellers and owned their own company called Wright & Teague. Bonnie has an older brother named Lewis, who influenced her to audition for the role of Ginny. She went to Prior Weston Primary School, in Islington and is a trained dancer studying ballet, African and Modern. She also sings, plays the piano, and enjoys art. In her spare time she enjoys playing football and surfing. Wright has visited many places including; India, Spain, Italy, Finland, America, Australia, France, Denmark and Poland.
Bonnie was originally cast as Ginny Weasley for a small scene in the first film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 2001, set at King's Cross Station. Her role became more prominent with the second movie, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in 2002, in which her character begins studies at Hogwarts while dealing with a very powerful secret diary that begins to seize her soul and consciousness. Wright's role in the third film, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in 2004, was significantly smaller, leaving her with only one line of dialogue. However, the character became a bonafide supporting character in the fourth film, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 2005, with dialogue sprinkled across several scenes and perhaps her most screen-time yet.Her role in the fifth Potter saga, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which was released on 11 July 2007, sets her again firmly in the limelight, with hints of Ginny's greater importance to the overall plot. Her role is increased even more in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in which she portrays Ginny as [[Harry Potter|Harry Potter's]] main love interest and even shares a kiss with him. She also received very good reviews for her performance, including from Comingsoon.com who wrote that If someone told me eight years ago that Bonnie Wright, introduced as Ginny Weasley in the first movie, would turn into such a strong dramatic actress who could carry scenes as well as the three leads, I wouldn't have believed it,  and Films School Rejects who also wrote Ginny (Bonnie Wright) in particular shines through, building on the power she gained in the last film to become an independent young woman that proves more complex with every scene. She has confirmed to date, Bonnie will reprise her role as Ginny Weasley one last time in the final Potter film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Wright has also provided the voice for Ginny Weasley in the video game adaptations of Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince. Bonnie has also starred in two television movies: 2002's Stranded and 2004's Agatha Christie: A Life in Pictures playing the younger version of Agatha Christie. Wright was also a guest on Disney's The Replacements voicing Vanessa in season two opener 'London Calling' in 2007.
In 2008, Bonnie was nominated and awarded fifth place in Portrait Magazine, Top 30 Under 30 2008 List , also her Harry Potter co-star Emma Watson, was also nominated in Portrait Magazine, Top 30 Under 30 list and came in fourth place . Wright and Watson were the only ones from the Harry Potter cast to be nominated in the Top 30 Under 30 2008 list by Portrait Magazine. In December 2008, Bonnie presented the Me and My Movie Award at the Childrens Bafta Awards.
In 2009, Wright has appeared in various and exclusive photoshoots and interviews: including with the Evening Standard , Grazia magazine , Entertainment Weekly  with her Harry Potter co-stars Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter, Rupert Grint who plays Ginny's brother Ron Weasley and Emma Watson who plays Hermione Granger, No.Magazine , The Times Luxx Magazine , Drama Magazine , and The Daily Mail You Magazine . Bonnie has also participated in a video for Elle UK where she talks about fashion .
- "I've always been very interested in fashion, but it is extremely important to me that the social and environment issues associated with the production of fashionable clothing are addressed. Made-By carries out really important work in transforming the fashion industry, and I am thrilled to support the organisation and help raise awareness of these ongoing issues."
- —Bonnie Wright talks about fashion organisation Made-By 
Also in 2009, Wright became a ambassador and supporter for fashion organisation Made-By. Bonnie was also ranked in seventh place in Top 10 Chicks in 2009 Flicks by Heart Less Doll website . Wright was nominated and voted in second place in Portrait Magazine, Top 30 Under 30 2009 List . Bonnie's fellow Harry Potter's co-stars was also nominated Evanna Lynch who plays Luna Lovegood was third place, Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley was fifth place, Emma Watson who plays Hermione Granger was eighth place, Tom Felton who plays Draco Malfoy was fourteenth place, and Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter was eighteenth place in Portrait Magazine, Top 30 Under 30 2009 List.
Bonnie has signed to star in a short film called Sweat. Sweat is part of a project of five films titled Geography of the Hapless Heart. She will be playing the leading female character, Mia. . Alexandra Billington, who is Sweat film producer and writer has spoken about Wright and said "Bonnie played the role of Mia beautifully and with a maturity that did great justice to the character. Filming went fantastically well and Bonnie was both highly professional and a complete pleasure to work with." Billington has also mentioned that Bonnie's character Mia as "free spirited young woman yet has enough depth to attract the more intense and introspective." . The filming of the movie is now completed and the film to be release in 2012.
In 2010, according to an article by the Guardian UK revealed that Bonnie was featured to be a Observer Ethical Awards 2010 judge. Wright has been listed on Glamour Magazine UK 35 Most Stylish Women of 2010, Glamour magazine wrote about her and said "Forget the Hogwarts uniform, this Harry Potter star has wowed us with her mature red carpet choices," and named her as the next Cate Blanchett.  Bonnie was featured in the InStyle Magazine UK Best of British Talent photoshoot, and also her Harry Potter co-stars Jamie Campbell Bower and Rupert Grint was also featured in the photoshoot. Wright participated in photoshoot for UK charity Oxfam, modeling as the face of her parents company Wright & Teague collaboration line for Oxfam. Bonnie has been featured in Nylon Magazine Young Hollywood 2010 Issue photoshoot and video, where she talks about her favourite songs, her Harry Potter co-stars Rupert Grint and Tom Felton was also featured in Nylon Magazine. Wright appeared in a photoshoot alongside with her co-star and boyfriend Jamie Campbell Bower in Vanity Fair Magazine. Bonnie featured in a Dirrty Glam Magazine photoshoot. Wright has also participated in an interview and photoshoot with ASOS Magazine. . Bonnie is signed with Next Models Agency under special bookings.
In 2011, Wright won the Most Edgy Look award at the Rodial Beautiful Awards. Bonnie has also appeared as a catwalk model for fashion designer Katie Eary, Autumn/Winter 2011 show during London Fashion Week in February 2011.
Wright confirmed to be starring in The Philosophers an American production to start filming June 2011 in Jakarta, Indonesia.  The Philosophers is a film about "an international school in Jakarta, a philosophy class is having its last session. The professor challenges twenty-one graduating seniors to select ten who would take shelter underground and reboot the human race in the event of a nuclear attack." Wright will be playing one of the students Georgina. 
In September of 2012, Wright joined the cast The Sea based on the award winning novel of the same name by John Bansville playing Rose the young nursemaid. Film co-stars Ciaran Hinds (Alberforth Dumbledore), Rufus Sewell, Sinéad Cusack, Charlotte Rampling, and Natascha McElhone. 
Interviews from 2009, Bonnie has said to be attending London's University of the Arts to study film and television course. She plans to continue to act and work behind the scenes after Harry Potter..
In 2010, Wright confirmed to be dating fellow actor and Harry Potter co-star Jamie Campbell Bower who appeared as young Gellert Grindelwald. In late 2010/11 Bonnie and Jamie confirmed their engagement. As of 2012, the couple have split.
FIlm and Television
|2013||In Want of a Wife||Lydia||Pre-Production|
|Before I Sleep||Phoebe||Post Production|
|Geography of the Hapless Heart||Mia||Post-Production|
|2011||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2||Film|
|2010||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1||Film|
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Video game|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Film|
|2007||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Video game|
|Disney's The Replacements||Vanessa (voice)||TV show, 1 episode|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Ginny Weasley||Film|
|2005||Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire|
|2004||Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban|
|2004||Agatha Christie: A Life in Pictures||Young Agatha Christie||TV Film|
|2002||Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||Ginny Weasley||Film|
|Stranded||Young Sarah Robinson||TV Film|
|2001||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||Film|
|2007||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Ginny Weasley||Voice Only|
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Ginny Weasley||Voice Only|
- Bonnie Wright's favourite quote she said as the role Ginny Weasley was, " Good Luck. "
Behind the scenes
- Bonnie's hair is naturally red, like her character in the Harry Potter films, but her eyes are blue, while Ginny's are brown. She is also, at 5' 6" (1.68 m), not as short as Ginny is described to be in the books.
- Bonnie's middle name is Francesca, which was revealed in the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince poster book cast interviews. Bonnie's middle name was previously thought to be Kathleen.
- Bonnie Wright's Official Agency Page at Unitedagents
- Bonnie Wright's Official, Verified Twitter Account
- Bonnie Wright's Official Next Model Agency Page
- Bon Bon Lumiere (Bonnie Wright's production company Bon Bon Lumiere Official Website)
- Bonnie Wright at Wikipedia
- Bonnie Wright at IMDB.com
- Bonnie Wright Online (Unofficial fansite website)
- So-Bonnie (Unofficial fansite website)
- Bonnie Wright Fanlisting
- Bonnie Wright at The Fashion Spot.com
- Bonnie Wright at Coolspotters.com
- Bonnie Wright at GettyImages.com (Pictures of Bonnie Wright at various public appearances and events)
- Bonnie Wright at Rex Features.com (Pictures of Bonnie Wright at various public appearances and events)
Notes and references
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0942247/bio
- ↑ http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=56914
- ↑ http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/review-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince.php
- ↑ http://www.portraitmagazine.net/archives/top302008.html]
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/emma-watson-bonnie-wright-top-30-under-30-list-58119/]
- ↑ http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23712043-details/The+magic+of+Bonnie+Wright/article.do]
- ↑ http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archive/2009/07/21/grazia-exclusive--what-would-harry-potter-say.htm]
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20246950_20263257_20290736,00.html]
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/new-bonnie-wright-photo-shoot-interview-no-magazine-updated-67962/
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/new-bonnie-wright-feature-luxx-magazine-68027/
- ↑ http://so-bonnie.net/2009/10/bonnie-wright-in-drama-magazine/
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1234198/Bonnie-Wright-The-actress-holds-Harry-Potter-spell.html
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/video-bonnie-wright-talks-fashion-elle-uk-66834/
- ↑ http://www.made-by.nl/nieuws.php?lg=en
- ↑ http://www.heartlessdoll.com/2009/01/top_10_chicks_in_2009_flicks.php
- ↑ http://www.portraitmagazine.net/archives/top302009.html
- ↑ http://www.alexandrabillington.com/hapless/crew.html]
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/exclusive-producer-talks-bonnie-wrights-performance-involvement-sweat-70305/
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jan/10/observer-ethical-awards-bonnie-wright
- ↑ http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/celebrity/photo-galleries/celebrity-life/100128-35-most-stylish-women-of-2010.aspx?imageno=5&static
- ↑ http://www.instyle.co.uk/news/instyle-celebrates-new-british-talent-27-01-10
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/new-bonnie-wright-oxfam-wright-teague-photo-shoot-images-71648/
- ↑ http://www.greenmystyle.com/jewellers-wright-teague-take-on-oxfam/
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/rupert-grint-tom-felton-bonnie-wright-talk-harry-potter-nylon-magazine-73026/
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/videos-rupert-grint-bonnie-wright-tom-felton-set-nylon-magazine-shoot-72974/
- ↑ [http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/bonnie-wright-jamie-campbell-bower-featured-vanity-fair-september-style-issue-75166/
- ↑ 
- ↑ [http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/bonnie-wright-full-asos-magazine-interview-photo-spread-76193/
- ↑ http://www.nextmodels.com/#/board/6FFB9F9D-CC7E-4B73-9613-2D4E3FE5E49D/c82d8256-0002-46ea-8f42-60ca2ce9b256/2/photos
- ↑ http://www.rodial.co.uk/about/articles/rodial_beautiful_awards.aspx
- ↑ http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/bonnie-wright-models-for-2011-f-w-london-fashion-week-katie-eary-show-79818/
- ↑ Ashley Ross. Exclusive Interview: Bonnie Wright on the End of Harry Potter. marieclaire.com. Retrieved on 2011 April 21.
- ↑ The Philosophers. NYTimes.com/. Retrieved on 2011 April 21.
- ↑ Singh, Anita (21 May 2012). "Cannes 2012: Harry Potter's Ginny Weasley directs budget film". Retrieved on 21 May 2012.
- ↑ Video: Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright talk their first American roles, shooting in June. Retrieved on 2012 May 21.
- ↑ Shakespeare's Daughter. IMDb.
- ↑ Bonnie Wright & Ciarán Hinds set to costar in 1950s drama "The Sea". Sntichseeker. Retrieved on 2012 October 2.
- ↑ Bonnie Wright visits Cannes Film Festival for "Separate We Come", "In Want of A Wife". Retrieved on 2012 May 18.
- ↑ Cox, Rebecca (17 September 2011). "EXCLUSIVE: Bonnie Wright: Life After Ginny". Retrieved on 17 September 2011.
- ↑ Bonnie Wright's talks directing and prostitution
- ↑ http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23712043-the-magic-of-bonnie-wright.do
- ↑ http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20346280,00.html
- ↑ Bonnie Wright starts her production company
- ↑ www.snitchseeker.com