Twirl wand above head, swing to point at target
Provokes small explosions
Behind the scenes
- This spell was first seen in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, when Hermione Granger performed it in order to free Sirius Black from his cell on the Dark Tower. This spell is only used in the film, because the book states that Hermione used the Unlocking Charm to free Sirius. Also, in the french translation of the movie, the incantation remains Alohomora.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Lord Voldemort could have used this charm to blast open the door where Lily Potter was hiding with Harry, although there is a flash of white light, which means it is probably an entirely different spell.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Possible appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Possible appearance)