Point wand at target
- "Ka-boom! The cell door rockets to the sky."
Bombarda is the incantation of a charm used to provoke small explosions; one use for this explosion is to blast open sealed doors or to blow bars off of windows. The incantation Bombarda Maxima is a stronger, more powerful variation of this spell.
Behind the scenes
- This spell was first seen in the third film; in the book, however, Hermione uses a safer unlocking spell. In the French translation of the film, the incantation remains "Alohomora".
- If Hermione Granger's usage had been canon, the spell would thus have been taught in third year or earlier for her to know it (unless, of course, she'd come across it in a book somewhere).
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Possible appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Possible appearance)