The Boggart in the Wardrobe (d. 9 September, 1993) was a Boggart that took up residence in the teachers' wardrobe in the Staffroom at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on the afternoon of 8 September, 1993.
Professor Remus Lupin used the Boggart to teach his Gryffindor third year class about them on 9 September. Neville Longbottom was the first to face the Boggart, and was the one who defeated it. Neither Harry Potter nor Hermione Granger got a chance to defeat the boggart. Harry Potter briefly faced the boggart, but when Remus Lupin saw what was happening and suspected that the boggart would take the form of Lord Voldemort, he stepped forward and faced it instead, worried that it would create a panic if the other students saw Lord Voldemort materialise in the staff room.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. it was said by Albus Dumbledore that when Jacob's sibling broke the curse of the Vault of Fear, the number of Boggarts present in the castle greatly reduced, but the ones that was left was rounded up, expressing confidence that students would have boggarts to practise on for years in Defence Against the Dark Arts for years to come. As such, it is possible that the boggarts found by Remus Lupin during his short-lived teaching career were among the ones that was unleashed during the 1986–1987 school year when someone were tampering with the Cursed Vaults.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (GBA version only)
Notes and references
- ↑ As this is the name of the chapter in which the Boggart appears, it is reasonable to assume that this is a name for the creature.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 7 (The Boggart in the Wardrobe)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 8 (Flight of the Fat Lady)