Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Then they clambered up a passageway in the rock after Hagrid's lamp, coming out at last onto smooth, damp grass right in the shadow of the castle."
This passageway was a three storey dungeon that connected the Boathouse at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to the lawn in front of the Entrance Hall. The main route through the dungeon was relatively safe, though the side paths, despite housing statues concealing such treasures as Chocolate Frog Cards, were infested with hostile creatures such as bats and large rats.
Rubeus Hagrid traditionally led first years at Hogwarts through this passage after the standard trip across the Black Lake on the Hogwarts boats. In 1991, Harry Potter got temporarily lost while travelling through this dungeon, though he managed to meet back up with Hagrid eventually.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, this passageway leads to the lawn in front of the Entrance Hall doors, while in the Game Boy Color video game adaptation, it leads directly to the Entrance Hall via a door on the right-hand side of the Marble Staircase.
- In the Game Boy Color version of the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone video game, Harry can fight various creatures in this dungeon, and is indeed forced into a Magical Encounter with a suit of armour. This cannot be considered canon, however, as the book makes it clear that Harry knows no magic at this point.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
Notes and references