Blood-flavoured lollipops are sold in the "Unusual Tastes" section of Honeydukes in Hogsmeade. They are possibly sold in other wizarding places as well. It is unclear if they are appealing to anyone other than vampires, or perhaps are meant to be used to play a trick on others.
On their second trip to Hogsmeade in 1993, Ron and Hermione discussed whether or not to purchase some for Harry. As it turned out, Harry was standing right behind them at the time, having used the Marauder's Map to sneak through a secret passage from Hogwarts to Honeydukes.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry sneaks into Honeydukes under his Invisibility Cloak and snags a Blood-flavoured lollipop away from Neville Longbottom right before his tongue touches it.
- There is a Muggle version of this sweet called Blood Pops that makes a person's mouth blood-red.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Flashback on Disc 2)