|This article is non-canon.
This article covers a subject that has been deemed non-canon by either the author or the Harry Potter licensees, and thus should not be taken as a part of the "real" Harry Potter universe.
Black Carp Co. was a flying carpet taxi service. The company was fully insured and promised to deliver its passengers to their destinations in the "comfort and security" provided by its fleet of pure-black Persian carpets. In addition, the Department of Magical Transportation "recommend[ed] flying only in Black Carp Co., or authorized Mini Carps." Black Carp Co. boasted that there was "no place too far" for it to fly, and its services could be used for a number of purposes, including tours, long journeys, and couriering.
Behind the scenesEdit
- This company cannot be considered a canonical part of the Harry Potter universe because it is revealed in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire that flying carpets are banned in Great Britain by the Ministry of Magic.
- Harry Potter films (Mentioned in advertisement)
- The Making of Harry Potter (Mentioned in advertisement)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition (Mentioned in advertisement)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The fact that Black Carp Co. was a taxi service, as opposed to a manufacturer of flying carpets, is indicated by the text "fully insured" on this ad, a selling point put forward by numerous real-world taxi services to assure potential customers that they have insurance that will cover damaged property and personal injuries in the event of an accident.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 See this image and this image.