2 Smooth Bumps, Left to Right
- "Most of the class had already left, although several twittering yellow birds were still zooming around the room, all of Hermione's creation; nobody else had succeeded in conjuring so much as a feather from thin air."
- —Harry looking to talk to Dean alone after Transfiguration class.[src]
- "Severed heads, unidentifiable stumps, terrifying frog-rabbit mutations - all have been created, to the dismay of those who made them..."
- —On the side-effects of the spell.[src]
- This spell was used by Garrick Ollivander when testing the four Triwizard Tournament Champions' wands before their First Task of the Triwizard Tournament, in 1994. This is also possibly the spell that the Sixth year Charms students were learning to perform non-verbally in 1996.
- Hermione Granger conjured a flock of birds that same year, most likely using this spell, and made them attack Ron Weasley, after seeing him kiss Lavender Brown.
The Latin words avis or aves, meaning "bird".
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (First identified as Bird-Conjuring Charm)