See distant objects
Binoculars, Field Glasses or Binocular Telescopes are a pair of two identical or mirror-symmetrical telescopes mounted side-by-side and sat to point accurately in the same direction, which allows the viewer to use both eyes when viewing distant objects. A popular wizarding version of them look more like telescopes and are called Omnioculars.
Binoculars are commonly used to aid in the viewing of Quidditch. A fair few students viewing the first Quidditch match of the 1991-1992 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry possessed them. Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley did not possess their own, but made frequent use of those owned by Rubeus Hagrid.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4