Bicorns are dangerous cow-like creatures. At least one of its two horns are a required ingredient for Polyjuice Potion. Their horns are shed annually and are then gathered when the Bicorn is not looking. 
Behind the scenes
- In mythology, the Bicorn (also known as the Bicrone or Bulchin) was a creature with two horns. It has the reputation of devouring kind-hearted and devoted husbands. It is described as very fat and good-natured. There was another beast called the chichevache which fed on obedient wives, but it was said that the "famished beast" was thinner than the bicorn, for "its food always fell short."
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, "Bicorn" is mispelt "Bihorn" in Moste Potente Potions.
- Bicorns were not covered in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - GBC version
- ↑ Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894