Bertie Bott (b. 1935) was the wizard, who accidentally created Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. For this, he was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card. In 1993-1994, a portrait of him guarded a secret room, the password to enter was "Bibble".
Invention of Every Flavour Beans
During years of his life, Bott dedicated himself to confectionary and sweets production. One day, in the mid-twentieth century, Bott made a mistake that would make him famous: while trying to create tasty sweets from food, a pair of dirty socks were accidentally included in the experiment. Recognising the sales potential of sweets that presented a "a risk with every mouthful", Bott started commercialising them under the name Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. For the invention of these famous sweets, Bott is featured on a Chocolate Frog Card.
Behind the scenes
- Depending on Bott's month of birth, if he attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he could have been classmates with Minerva McGonagall.
- Albus Dumbledore said that in his youth he had a vomit flavoured bean and no longer liked them. Dumbledore would have been at least in his fifties at this time. But considering his age he might have considered himself young then.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)