|Belvina Burke (née Black)|
Belvina was born in 1886. She was the only daughter of Phineas Nigellus Black (Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry) and Ursula Flint. She was also the sister of Sirius II, Cygnus II, Phineas and Arcturus. She married Herbert Burke, and they had three children: two sons and a daughter.
The name Belvina does not fit in with the Black family tradition of naming its members after stars or constellations. It may derived from Latin, in which it would mean something like "lovely wine" or "fair one". Alternatively, it could be derived from Beltane, an ancient Celtic holiday related to Walpurgis Night, "Witches' Night".
Behind the scenes
- Based on a statement by Horace Slughorn, Belvina may have been a member of the Slytherin House. However, she attended Hogwarts c. 1897 - 1904, when Slughorn was not Potions teacher.
- It is possible that she was related to Elizabeth Burke by marriage.
- It is also possible that Araminta Meliflua was her granddaughter, since she was described as a cousin of Walburga Black (Belvina's great-niece) and then it can be assumed that they were in the same generation.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)