|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Bellatrix was supporting Hermione, who seemed to be unconscious, and was holding her short silver knife to Hermione’s throat. “Drop your wands,” she whispered. “Drop them, or we’ll see exactly how filthy her blood is!” Ron stood rigid, clutching Wormtail’s wand. Harry straightened up, still holding Bellatrix’s. “I said, drop them!” she screeched, pressing the blade into Hermione’s throat: Harry saw beads of blood appear there. “All right!” he shouted, and he dropped Bellatrix’s wand onto the floor at his feet."
- —Bellatrix Lestrange threatening Hermione Granger with the knife[src]
Bellatrix Lestrange owned a short knife made of silver.
However, Bellatrix threw her knife at them, trying to aim at Harry, as they vanished, and struck Dobby directly in the chest. The house-elf died soon afterwards, near the garden of Shell Cottage, where he was subsequently buried.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, Bellatrix used her knife to carve the word "mudblood" into Hermione Granger's arm. The film version of the knife bears a resemblance to cross-shaped spearheads that leave a hard-to-heal wound.
- The Noble Collection sells a replica of this knife.
- The real-movie prop, however, is much shorter, as seen in the Harry Potter Exhibition in New York City.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)