Belladonna is a mundane plant with magical uses. Fluids from the poisonous plant are used by students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Potions class, where it is a part of their standard potion making-kit. Other names for Belladonna are Atropa, Deadly Nightshade, Deaths Herb, Dwale, and Witch's berry. The seed of the Belladonna plant is purple.
Behind the scenes
- Like Aconite, belladonna was once believed to be a key ingredient in witches' flying ointment.
- In the Middle Ages, some believed belladonna to be the favourite plant of the devil.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- The Making of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)