Unknown (possibly "Beetle Buttons")
Touch beetle with wand (possibly)
Transforms beetles into buttons
Beetle Buttons is a Transforming spell that transfigures a beetle into a button. The second-year students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry learned how to perform this spell at the start of term.
On 3 September, 1992, the trio practiced this spell in Transfiguration class. Harry Potter was unable to turn his beetle into a button because it kept running away from his wand. Ron Weasley also had no success, due to his broken wand, which released foul-smelling smoke that obscured his vision and made him accidentally crush his beetle. He had to ask Professor McGonagall for a replacement. Hermione Granger, on the other hand, created a "handful of perfect coat buttons," which she showed to Ron and Harry at lunch, much to Ron's chagrin.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
Notes and references Edit
- ↑ It was noted in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 6, that Harry Potter couldn't perform this spell because his test beetle ran away from his wand. This may indicate that the wizard has to touch or at least get close to the beetle.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Trading Card Game (Beetle Buttons)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 6
|Professors: Albus Dumbledore · Minerva McGonagall|
|Textbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration · Intermediate Transfiguration · A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration|
|Known practitioners: Emeric Switch · Circe · Falco Aesalon · Mirabella Plunkett · Thaddeus Thurkell ·|
|Transfiguration spells studied at Hogwarts: Chair to cat · Match to needle · Snail to Teapot · Teacup to Rat · Switching Spell · Transforming Spell · Avifors Spell · Mice to Snuffboxes · Beetle Buttons · Rabbit Slippers · Teapot to tortoise · Draconifors Spell · Lapifors Spell · Vanishing Spell · Vera Verto · Owl to opera glasses · Guinea fowl to guinea pig · Hedgehog to pincushion · Small Child to Rat · Meddling Man to Monkey|
|Branches of Transfiguration: Transformation · Vanishment · Conjuration · Untransfiguration|