|Height of average adult||
|Length of average adult||
|Wingspan of average adult||
Various wing span
Beetles are the group of insects with the largest number of known species. They are classified in the order Coleoptera (; from Greek κολεός, koleos, "sheath"; and πτερόν, pteron, "wing", thus "sheathed wing"), which contains more described species than in any other order in the world.
In 1992, Ronald Weasley accidentally squashed a beetle which he was supposed to be Transfiguring into a button, due to his broken wand producing a large amount of smoke, which obscured his vision. This annoyed Professor McGonagall, the Transfiguration teacher.
The Animagus of Rita Skeeter (a journalist) is a beetle. She is one of the five unregistered Animagi of the twentieth century, other unregistered Animagi include: James Potter: Stag, Sirius Black: Dog and Peter Pettigrew: Rat.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7