Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I mean to say, it is not a travelling cloak imbued with a Disillusionment Charm, or carrying a Bedazzling Hex, or else woven from Demiguise hair, which will hide one initially but fade with the years until it turns opaque."
- —Xenophilius mentioning the spell while comparing the Cloak of Invisibility to other Invisibility cloaks.[src]
The Bedazzling Hex (incantation unknown) is an enchantment which is presumably used to disguise something; its exact effects are unknown, though it seems to be fact that such a spell will lift after time.
- This hex is occasionally used in the production of invisibility cloaks.
- As such, it may be used on Alastor Moody's invisibility cloaks, one of which was lost by Sturgis Podmore when the latter went to Azkaban.
- It may also have been used by the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries in June 1996.
Behind the Scenes
- It's unknown why this spell is considered a hex. It does not seem to cause harm to the target.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)