The Beauxbatons horses (French: chevaux de Beauxbâtons) were a herd of twelve elephantine palomino Abraxan winged horses. The horses drank only single-malt whisky and required very forceful handling. Olympe Maxime was the one who bred them.
On 30 October, 1994, a delegation of students from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic accompanied their Headmistress Olympe Maxime to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Scotland so as to participate in the Triwizard Tournament. To travel from their home in the Pyrenees of France to their northern destination, they employed this dozen horses.
Once they arrived, Gamekeeper Rubeus Hagrid created a makeshift paddock for the horses to stay in. They were seen grazing in this paddock the following morning, and the fumes from their whisky often made Care of Magical Creatures classes very light-headed.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ Pottermore - From the Story: Beauxbatons horses
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 15 (Beauxbatons and Durmstrang)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 16 (The Goblet of Fire)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 21 (The House-Elf Liberation Front)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 37 (The Beginning)