For this he was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card. He is credited with discovering the effects of Gillyweed, despite Elladora Ketteridge stumbling upon them about a hundred years prior.  There was a bust of Majoribanks on the History of Magic classroom, next to Cuthbert Binns's desk. 
The name "Beaumont" comes from a French surname meaning "beautiful mountain".
Behind the scenes
- There appear to be inconsistencies in the spelling of this individual's surname: in the video games, it appears to be spelt "Majorbanks". In the real-life Chocolate Frog Cards once released in the United States (which were penned by J. K. Rowling), it is spelt "Marjoribanks".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on statue(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ Majoribanks's Chocolate Frog Card in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PS2 version
|Professors: Herbert Beery · Pomona Sprout · Neville Longbottom|
|Textbooks: Flesh-Eating Trees of the World · Goshawk's Guide to Herbology · Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean · One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi · Winogrand's Wonderous Water Plants|
|Hogwarts class: Herbology Award · Herbology Lesson Cup · Herbology Race Cup · Herbology Store|
|Hogwarts greenhouses: One · Two · Three · Four · Five · Six · Seven · Professor's Office|
|Herbologists: Herbert Beery · Miranda Goshawk · Elladora Ketteridge · Beaumont Marjoribanks · Nepali wizard · Phyllida Spore · Tilden Toots · Hadrian Whittle · Sir Winogrand · Selina Sapworthy|
|Plants Studied: Bouncing Bulb · Bubotuber · Devil's Snare · Fire Seed Bush · Mandrake · Mimbulus Mimbletonia · Puffapod · Screechsnap · Self-fertilising shrub · Snargaluff · Spiky Bush · Spiky Prickly Plant · Umbrella Flower · Venomous Tentacula · Walking plant · Whomping Willow · Wild rice|