At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Beast Division is one of three divisions under the control of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. It deals with all duties and problems concerning those magical creatures classified as a "Beast" by the Ministry of Magic. It was founded by Grogan Stump in 1811.
Beast Division sub-departments
- Centaur Liaison Office
- Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures
- Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau
- Ghoul Task Force
- Troll Patrol
- Werewolf Capture Unit
- Werewolf Registry
- Newt Scamander, various sub-departments
- Walden Macnair, executioner, Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures (dismissed once Death Eater membership revealed, current status unknown)
- Mathilda Grimblehawk
- Mathilda Grimblehawk's partner
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Introduction, What is a Beast?
- ↑ Trolls is classified as a beast, and as such, its the Beast Division who handles them.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - About the Author
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World - Case 1: Something in the Air, Act 1