|Bean Bonus Room|
The Bean Bonus Room (also known as the Bonus Bean Room) is a room in Hogwarts where students can visit to collect Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans and treats, usually acting under a time limit.
1992–1993 school year
Houses competed periodically throughout the 1992–1993 school year to allow one of their students into the room, which was full of beans which the student had to collect. Dumbledore tallied the House points in the House Point Ceremony Chamber. If Gryffindor won the tally, then Harry Potter could enter the Bean Room. However if Slytherin won, Draco Malfoy would get the honours. Students could access more parts of the Bean Bonus Room as they learned more spells throughout the school year.
1993–1994 school year
- Minerva McGonagall: "Nicely done, Miss Granger! You've completed the challenge. You've collected all ten Challenge Shields, which means..."
- Hermione Granger: "I get to go to the Bean Bonus Room! Fantastic! Wow! This is the Bean Bonus Room?"
- Minerva McGonagall: "Correct, Hermione. Collect as many goodies as you can before the time runs out."
- — McGonagall to Hermione[src]
- Filius Flitwick: "Excellent job, Harry. You've completed the Glacius challenge! Not only that...you managed to get all ten Challenge Shields! You know what that means!"
- Harry Potter: "The Bean Bonus Room!"
- Filius Flitwick: "Have fun, Harry!"
- Harry Potter: "Wow! This is the Bean Bonus Room?"
- Filius Flitwick: "That's right, Harry. Collect as many goodies as you can before the time runs out."
- — Flitwick to Harry[src]
In the 1993–1994 school year, the Bean Bonus Room's location and layout were changed. A student had to find the ten challenge shields to enter. It was located in the side chamber off the Entrance Hall and now included Cauldron Cakes and Pumpkin Pasties. Some of the school's suits of armour held sweets inside.
If Harry Potter had collected all Chocolate Frog Cards, by the end of this school year, Fred and George Weasley would allow him to enter the Bean Bonus Room without a time limit and collect the Founders', Albus Dumbledore's, and his own Chocolate Frog Cards.
Behind the scenes
- The Bean Bonus Room only appears in the video game adaptations of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the PC.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance) (PC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PC version only)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PC version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PC version