Bathsheda Babbling attended a Wizarding School (probably Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry) and likely achieved a high graded O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. in Study of Ancient Runes, as she later went on to teach the subject.
- "Babble" is an English word meaning "a foolish character" or "the sound of murmuring water".
- The similar name of "Bathsheba" is the name of the biblical wife of David and mother to Solomon.
Behind the scenes
- Professor Babbling's name only appeared on a list of the Hogwarts professors which was released on J. K. Rowling's website.
- Rowling may originally have intended a male teacher to teach this subject.
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (First mentioned)
Notes and references
|Professor: Bathsheda Babbling|
|Textbooks: Advanced Rune Translation · Ancient Runes Made Easy · Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms · Rune Dictionary · Spellman's Syllabary|
|Known Runes: Acromantula · Demiguise · Ehwaz · Eihwaz · Fwooper · Graphorn · Hydra · Quintaped · Runespoor · Salamander · Unicorn · Unknown · Mark of Merlin|