Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bathsheda Babbling attended a Wizarding School (probably Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry) and likely achieved a high graded O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. in Study of Ancient Runes, as she later went on to teach the subject.
- "Babble" is an English word meaning "a foolish character" or "the sound of murmuring water".
- The similar name of "Bathsheba" is the name of the biblical wife of David and mother to Solomon.
Behind the scenes
- Professor Babbling's name only appeared on a list of the Hogwarts professors which was released on J. K. Rowling's website.
- Rowling may originally have intended a male teacher to teach this subject.
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (First mentioned)
Notes and references
|Professor: Bathsheda Babbling|
|Textbooks: Advanced Rune Translation · Ancient Runes Made Easy · Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms · Rune Dictionary · Spellman's Syllabary|
|Known Runes: Acromantula · Demiguise · Ehwaz · Eihwaz · Fwooper · Graphorn · Hydra · Quintaped · Runespoor · Salamander · Unicorn · Unknown · Mark of Merlin|