- Arthur Weasley: "Morning, Basil."
- Basil: "Hello there, Arthur. Not on duty, eh? It's all right for some… We've been here all night… You'd better get out of the way, we've got a big party coming in from the Black Forest at five fifteen. Hang on, I'll find your campsite… Weasley… Weasley… About a quarter of a mile's walk over there, first field you come to. Site manager's called Mr Roberts. Diggory… second field… ask for Mr Payne."
- Arthur Weasley: "Thanks, Basil."
- — Harry Potter, the Weasleys and the Diggories arrive at the Portkey terminus of the 1994 Quidditch World Cup[src]
At the Quidditch World Cup final in 1994, he was one of the wizards staffing the Portkey terminus, and had been there for most of the morning with a large party that was arriving from the Black Forest in Germany. He was wearing a poncho and a kilt in an attempt to look like a Muggle.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Basil and his colleagues are "dressed as Muggles, though very inexpertly," which indicates that he was not raised among Muggles, as most Muggle-borns would have at least some experience with putting together a Muggle outfit.
- ↑ Pottermore
- ↑ It seems a safe assumption this individual worked for the Department of Magical Transportation, as he worked with Portkeys.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 7 (Bagman and Crouch)