The Barn Owl (binomial name Tyto alba) is the most widely distributed species of owl, and one of the most widespread of all birds. It is also referred to as Common Barn Owl, to distinguish it from other species in the barn-owl family Tytonidae.
Augusta Longbottom owned a barn owl, which she used to send her grandson Neville a Remembrall in 1991, and a Howler in 1994, though by the start of the 1994-1995 school year, she was using a Tawny Owl instead. At least four barn owls were amongst the owls that delivered hate mail to Hermione Granger in February 1995 following the publication of the article "Harry Potter's Secret Heartache" in Witch Weekly.
During the summer holidays of 1995, Harry Potter received a letter from Arthur Weasley telling him that Albus Dumbledore was trying to sort things out with the British Ministry of Magic regarding his usage of underage magic and to not do any more magic or leave 4 Privet Drive.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (PS1 version)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Barn Owl at Wikipedia
- ↑ Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter Nine (The Midnight Duel)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 14 - (Snape's Grudge)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 13 - (Mad-Eye Moody)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 28 - (The Madness of Mr Crouch)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 2 - (A Peck of Owls)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 12 - (Professor Umbridge)