The Avifors Spell (Avifors) is a transforming spell that could be used to change the target into a bird, flock of birds or occasionally a flock of bats with a vivid flash of blue light.
"Avifors" can, at times, be a very complicated spell and some beginning Hogwarts students are known to struggle with it. One student nearly failed the class when he proved unable to transform objects into anything more than eggs. His cousin bragged about this.
When used in an offensive manner, a jet of blue light will shoot from the witch or wizard's wand, erupting upon hitting the target and solidifying them into a bird, a flock of birds, or more rarely, a flock of black bats. These bats can be controlled by the caster, although they may also fly away.Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban PC Game texture files next to the used SVSlapifors and SVSdraconifors spell symbols.
This charm was learned in first year and revised in second year Transfiguration class with Professor Minerva McGonagall, and was included in The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PS2 version
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) - PS2 version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - GBA version
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - GBC version. "My cousin had trouble with Avifors. He could only turn things into eggs. He was popular at breakfast time but he nearly failed the class."
|Professors: Albus Dumbledore · Minerva McGonagall|
|Textbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration · Intermediate Transfiguration · A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration|
|Known practitioners: Emeric Switch · Circe · Falco Aesalon · Mirabella Plunkett · Thaddeus Thurkell ·|
|Transfiguration spells studied at Hogwarts: Chair to cat · Match to needle · Snail to Teapot · Teacup to Rat · Switching Spell · Transforming Spell · Avifors Spell · Felifors Spell · Mice to Snuffboxes · Beetle Buttons · Rabbit Slippers · Vera Verto · Teapot to tortoise · Draconifors Spell · Lapifors Spell · Vanishing Spell · Owl to opera glasses · Guinea fowl to guinea pig · Hedgehog to pincushion · Small Child to Rat · Meddling Man to Monkey · Crinus Muto|
|Branches of Transfiguration: Transformation · Vanishment · Conjuration · Untransfiguration|