Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Astronomy Room was a room dedicated to the study of Astronomy. Ancient charts draped the walls and gleaming spheres of spun glass orbit one another in mid-air and planetary models and armillary spheres filled the room.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, this is where Harry Potter and Remus Lupin's private lessons took place, instead of the History of Magic classroom, as in the novel.
- It is possible this room is located within the Astronomy Tower.
- The set used for the room is the same used as Dumbledore's office in the second film.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Flashback in Disc 2)
Notes and references
|Professors: Aurora Sinistra|
|Astronomy at Hogwarts: Astronomy department · Astronomy Tower · Astronomy Room · Astronomy Stairs · Astronomy Corridor · Astronomy reading room · |
|Astronomers: Aurora Sinistra · Copernicus · George von Rheticus · Perpetua Fancourt|
|Objects: Globe of the Moon · Lunascope · Moon chart · Orrery · Star chart · Telescope|
|Planets: Jupiter · Mars · Mercury · Neptune · Pluto · Saturn · Uranus · Venus|
|Satellites: Callisto · Europa · Ganymede · Io · Moon|
|Constellations: Bartholomeus · Orion|