|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is a real-life person, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Locations in Asia
- Assyria is where Neville's great-uncle Algie found his Mimbulus Mimbletonia.
- Bangladesh is where the Magic Carpet was invented, and remains the main source of transportation there. Because of this Broomsticks and Quidditch never caught on.
- India, Flying Carpets, as in Bangladesh, are also the main source of transportation in India.
- Papua New Guinea
Magical Creatures and Plants
- The Acromantula are native to Borneo.
- The Phoenix and Chinese Fireball Dragon are both native to China. Magic Creature Specialist Quong Po and Alchemist Dzou Zen were born here. China is home to the Chinese Chomping Cabbage.
- The Occamy and Phoenix are both native to India.
- The Kappa is native to Japan, though Severus Snape said in a lesson it was native to Mongolia, something Harry and Ron quickly pointed out.
- Russia is the home for the Nogtail and the Pogrebin.
- The Re'em, Demiguise and Occamy are all native to the Far East.
- The Lethifold is native to Papua New Guinea.
- The Yeti is native to Tibet and, along with the Loch Ness Monster, is one of the worst kept secrets of the wizarding world. The International Confederation of Wizards had to set a permanent task force up in the mountains to deal with the muggles that cross its path.
- According to Goshawk's Guide to Herbology, there is a wizard in Nepal who grows gravity-resistant trees.
- Ceylon Ebony is a tree native to Sri Lanka and India. It is used for wands.
Magical Games and Sports
- Japan is one of the only Asian countries where Quidditch gained popularity, with their popular Toyohashi Tengu team.
- Russia has an unknown team for which Petrova Porskoff played, the inventor of the Porskoff Ploy.
Asia is one of the fastest growing regions in the world.
- Asia on Wikipedia