At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Professor Arsenius Jigger was a wizard and an author specialising in Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts, having written: Magical Drafts and Potions, Potion Opuscule, and The Essential Defence Against the Dark Arts.
Arsenius Jigger also contributed to Transfiguration Today in the 1920s such as the article Lycanthropy v. Werewolfry. He was also, at an unknown point, a professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. A shop in Diagon Alley bears the name Slug and Jiggers, and may belong to him.
- Arsenius may be derived from the word "arsenious" meaning "containing arsenic", a very poisonous metallic element. Arsenius may also be be a reference to the famous physicist and chemist Svante Arrhenius, most widely known for formulating the first modern definition of acids and bases in molecular terms.
- A jigger can refer to a liquid measurement that is used often for liquor, or a measuring cup specifically for measuring that amount of liquid. In the United States of America, a jigger usually holds 1.5 fluid ounces (44 ml). In modern bartending, a jigger is 50 ml.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Name appears on book cover and carved into wood panel)
- Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned in a newspaper)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter Limited Edition - The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey, p. 504 (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- ↑ Jigger (bartending) on Wikipedia