Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arnold was purchased from Ginny's brothers Fred and George Weasley at their shop in August of 1996. Arnold was transported in a cage during the car ride from The Burrow to King's Cross Station on 1 September 1996. In the Gryffindor common room in Hogwarts he was seen playing with Ginny or riding her shoulder. It is likely that he was taken with the Weasleys when the family went into hiding in the spring of 1998.
Ginny's father, Arthur Weasley, was mistakenly called "Arnold Weasley" in a 1994 Daily Prophet article written by Rita Skeeter. "Arnold" is also an anagram of "Ronald", a possible reference to Ginny's older brother.
Behind the scenes
- In the novel he is purple, but in film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, he is pink.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Ginny has Arnold already in 1995 and the player can use him in the levels.
- According to the Hogwarts supply list, students are allowed to take an owl, a cat, or a toad to Hogwarts. However, it seems that Ginny was allowed to take her pygmy puff like her brother was able to bring his rat.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 7 (The Slug Club) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 11 (Hermione's Helping Hand)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 14 (Felix Felicis) (Latest Appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 7 (The Slug Club) - "The Ministry cars glided up to the front of the Burrow to find them waiting, trunks packed; Hermione’s cat, Crookshanks, safely enclosed in his travelling basket; and Hedwig; Ron’s owl, Pigwidgeon; and Ginny’s new purple Pygmy Puff, Arnold, in cages."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 6 (Draco's Detour) - "“Haven’t you girls found our special WonderWitch products yet?” asked Fred. “Follow me, ladies. . . .” Near the window was an array of violently pink products around which a cluster of excited girls was giggling enthusiastically. Hermione and Ginny both hung back, looking wary. “There you go,” said Fred proudly […] “What are those?” She was pointing at a number of round balls of fluff in shades of pink and purple, all rolling around the bottom of a cage and emitting high-pitched squeaks. “Pygmy Puffs,” said George. “Miniature puffskeins, we can’t breed them fast enough.“ […] Ginny, putting a finger through the bars of the cage and watching the Pygmy Puffs crowd around it. “They’re really cute!” “They’re fairly cuddly, yes,” conceded Fred. […] “Mum, can I have a Pygmy Puff?” said Ginny at once. “A what?” said Mrs Weasley warily. “Look, they’re so sweet. . . .” Mrs Weasley moved aside to look at the Pygmy Puffs […] Mrs Weasley and Ginny were bending over the Pygmy Puffs."
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 11 (Hermione's Helping Hand) - “...Harry watched Ginny Weasley playing with Arnold the Pygmy Puff for a while...”
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 14 (Felix Felicis) - "As he was ducking toward the drinks table, he walked straight into Ginny, Arnold the Pygmy Puff riding on her shoulder and Crookshanks mewing hopefully at her heels […] Crookshanks trotted after her, his yellow eyes fixed upon Arnold."