Arnold was Ginny Weasley's purple Pygmy Puff, or miniature Puffskein, purchased from Ginny's brothers Fred and George Weasley at their shop in August of 1996. Arnold enjoyed playing in front of the fireplace in the Gryffindor common room at Hogwarts. It is likely that he was taken with the Weasleys when the family went into hiding in the spring of 1998.
Ginny's father, Arthur Weasley, was mistakenly called "Arnold Weasley" in a 1994 Daily Prophet article written by Rita Skeeter. "Arnold" is also an anagram of "Ronald", a possible reference to Ginny's youngest brother.
Behind the scenes
- In the novel he is purple, but in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, he is pink.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Ginny has Arnold already in 1995 and the player can use him in the levels.
- According to the Hogwarts supplies list, students are allowed to take an owl, a cat or a toad to Hogwarts. However, it seems that Ginny was allowed to take her pygmy puff.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7