Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Argus Filch: "I've got the form, Headmistress. I've got the form and I've got the whips waiting… oh, let me do it now…"
- Dolores Umbridge: "Very good, Argus. You two are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."
- Fred Weasley: "You know what? I don't think we are. George, I think we've outgrown full-time education."
- George Weasley: "Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself."
- — Argus Filch, Dolores Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad corner Fred and George Weasley[src]
Approval for Whipping was a form in which corporal punishment, in this case, the whipping of students, was allowed.
Shortly before the departure of Fred and George Weasley, Argus Filch took this form to Headmistress Dolores Umbridge to set the students an example. The twins, however, were of age, and flew away from the school in their broomsticks, setting a Portable Swamp in the Fifth Floor Corridor beforehand. After this legendary escape, Filch prowled the corridors with a horsewhip ready in his hands, desperate to catch miscreants. However, the students, inspired by the twins, started wreaking havoc at the school in such a way he never knew which way to turn.
Behind the scenes
- Given their similarity, the Approval for Whipping could have been a precursor to the Educational Decree Number Twenty-Nine, which was never actually passed.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)