|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is a real-life person, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Apple is the pomaceous fruit of the apple tree, species Malus domestica in the rose family (Rosaceae). It is one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits, and the most widely known of the many members of genus Malus that are used by humans.
At the Burrow, the Weasley children practised Quidditch in the back field, but because of the risk of Muggles seeing a Quaffle, they used apples. There were crabapple trees planted at the Burrow. In 1993, Malfoy was seen biting an apple whilst watching Harry Potter's interaction with the Hippogriff Buckbeak, during Rubeus Hagrid's first Care of Magical Creatures lesson with the third year students, likely an attempt to demonstrate his boredom with the proceedings. In the summer of 1996, apple cores were amongst the debris that littered the floor of The Smallest Bedroom due to Harry Potter's listlessness following the death of his godfather. In 1997, Draco Malfoy used the remains of an apple to test the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in order to attempt to bring Death Eaters into the school from Borgin and Burkes. Later that same year, for Harry Potter's 17th birthday party at The Burrow, as part of the decorations Hermione Granger turned the crabapples a golden colour. Apples are also a common ingredient in baking. The Hogwarts Express conductor once ate a cine-camera, expecting it to taste like an apple.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and references
- ↑ Apple at Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 3 - (Will and Won't)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- ↑ "Conductor of the Hogwarts Express from "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter"" on Youtube.