Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Antimony (chemical symbol: Sb) is a chemical element. In its elemental form is a silvery white, crystalline solid.
Behind the scenes
- Antimony reaches its melting point at 630.63°C (1167.13°F). Given this, it is most likely that liquid Antimony is a not-so-common potion ingredient, or else that it is bewitched to melt without heating.
- Antimony trisulfide (stibium) was used around the ancient Mediterranean as a cosmetic to darken the eyes and was also sometimes used medicinally. In the Middle Ages, antimony was well known to alchemists.
- Antimony is quite toxic in all but the smallest amounts. However, it's quite possible that some form of spell or magical means is employed to neutralise this toxicity, or that potions using antimony include other ingredients which react alchemically with antimony to produce a non-toxic end product.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
Notes and references
- ↑ "Antimony" on Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes: Perfect Potions Activity.
- ↑ http://nautilus.fis.uc.pt/st2.5/scenes-e/elem/e05110.html
- ↑ http://www.horusmedia.de/2005-antimon/antimon-en.php
- ↑ http://www.chemistryexplained.com/elements/A-C/Antimony.html
- ↑ See this image.