At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Antidote to Common Poisons (or Antidote for Common Poisons) is a potion which counteracts ordinary poisons, such as creature bites and stings. Its ingredients include Bezoars, Standard Ingredient, ground unicorn horn and mistletoe berries. The recipe for this potion can be found in Magical Drafts and Potions.
- Add 1 Bezoar to the mortar
- Crush into a very fine powder using the pestle
- Add 4 measures of the crushed Bezoar to your cauldron
- Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron
- Heat to a medium temperature for 5 seconds
- Wave your wand
- Leave to brew and return in 40 minutes with Pewter Cauldron, 34 minutes with Brass cauldron and 30 minutes with copper cauldron.
- Add 1 pinch of Unicorn Horns to your cauldron
- Stir 2 times, clockwise
- Add 2 Mistletoe Berries to your cauldron
- Stir 2 times, anti-clockwise
- Wave your wand to complete the potion
Behind the scenes
- In the PS2 version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, this antidote was created by mixing together Moondew, Puffapod Spores and Flobberworm Mucus. In the GBC version, the potion was brewed by mixing Aconite and Boomslang skin together.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - GBA version
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 5 (Tulip Karasu) - Potions Lesson "Antidote to Common Poisons"
- ↑ Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- ↑ Mentioned in a broadcast of Potterwatch.