- Hermione: "And what may I ask do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?"
- Ron: "Copy off you?"
- Hermione: "No, you won't. Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell."
- Ron: "That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!"
- — Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley in 1991[src]
An Anti-Cheating spell was a charm that prevented a person from cheating. These spells were used at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on writing quills and parchment to prevent students from cheating during their final exams, as well as their O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s. They could be circumvented with Cribbing Spells.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned in deleted scene)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game