Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "We did Animagi in class with Professor McGonagall. And I looked them up when I did my homework — the Ministry of Magic keeps tabs on witches and wizards who can become animals; there's a register showing what animal they become, and their markings and things… and I went and looked Professor McGonagall up on the register, and there have been only seven Animagi this century, and Pettigrew's name wasn't on the list."
- —Hermione Granger.[src]
The Animagus Registry is a Ministry of Magic registry service, presumably under the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Animagi are required to submit themselves once they acquire the ability to turn into an animal, and failure to do so results in imprisonment in Azkaban.
The registry is available to public view, so as to ensure the registered individuals do not abuse their abilities. The registry did not exist until at least 1422, during the time of Lisette de Lapin (allegedly was an animagus).
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (First identified as Animagus Registry)
Notes and references