Mrs Flume (wife)
Co-owner of Honeydukes
As he was a member of the Slug Club, Horace Slughorn introduced Ambrosius to Ciceron Harkiss and thus had him employed. As repayment for Horace's kindness, Flume sent a hamper of Slughorn's favourite sweets (Crystallised pineapple) to him annually on his birthday.
Marriage and HoneydukesEdit
At some point in his life, Ambrosius married Mrs Flume. By 1993, the couple lived in a flat above Honeydukes Sweetshop and ran together said shop. In 1993, during one of the weekend trips to Hogsmeade, Mrs Flume asked Ambrosius to get some Jelly Slugs, as the shop was filled with Hogwarts students.
Battle of HogwartsEdit
It is most likely that as a former Hogwarts student Ambrosius participated in the Battle of Hogwarts alongside his wife, and fellow Hogsmeade residents Aberforth Dumbledore, Madam Rosmerta and Madam Puddifoot.
Ambrosius comes from the Greek word "ambrosia" meaning food or drink of the gods. It is also referred as nectar, which is sweet and bestows immortality. A flume is an artificial channel for the flow of water.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Flume may have been the one who told Tom Riddle that Horace Slughorn was quite fond of crystallised pineapple. Tom used this sweet as a casual bribe the night he asked Slughorn on the method and effects of creating Horcruxes.
- It is possible, as he was a former Slug Club, that he attended the Christmas party in 1996.
- On the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Ambrosius only appears in a flashback on disc 2 from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) and is mentioned on the original script.
- Also in the novel Slughorn said that Ambrosius sent a hamper of his favourite sweets, which were crystallised pineapple, every birthday, while on the original script from the film Slughorn said that Ambrosius sent him a hamper of chocolate each birthday. This is possibly why it was cut from the film, as it contradicts the novel and would totally ruin later events, such as Slughorn's memory about the Slug Club dinner with Tom Riddle, in which Tom gave Slughorn crystallised pineapple.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First identified as Ambrosius Flume)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned on script only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Mentioned only in DS version)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Slughorn resigned from his teaching position in 1981, meaning Flume would have been a member of the Slug Club by at least then.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Chapter 10 (The Marauder's Map)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 4 (Horace Slughorn)
- ↑ Half-Blood Prince script on the Internet Movie Script Database (archived here)
Baby Witch · Brews and Stews Café · Dervish and Banges · Dogweed and Deathcap · Dominic Maestro's · Hog's Head Inn · Honeydukes · J. Pippin's Potions · Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop · The Magic Neep · McBloom & McMuck · McHavelock's Wizarding Headgear · Ollivanders Wand Shop · Pedrus Pridgeon · Rosa Lee Teabag · Potage's Cauldron Shop · Scribbulus Writing Implements · Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop · Spintwitches · Three Broomsticks Inn · Tomes and Scrolls · Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment · Zonko's Joke Shop
Madam Rosmerta · Aberforth Dumbledore · Madam Puddifoot · Ambrosius Flume · Ambrosius Flume's wife · Dominic Maestro · Unidentified Ollivander's associate · Employee of the Owl Post Office · Archibald Bennett · Three Broomsticks waiter · Horace · J. Pippin · McHavelock · Scrivenshaft · Madam Potage · Vladimir Plot · Zonko