Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Behind the scenes
- This character is known only by his surname in the books. His first name is given as "Alexei" on a Famous Wizard Card in the video game version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Alternatively, a spoof article by Sports Illustrated about the Quidditch World Cup gives his first name as Jakob.
"Levski" was the nickname of Vasil Ivanov Kunchev - a Bulgarian revolutionary renowned as the national hero of Bulgaria. Dubbed the Apostle of Freedom, Levski ideologised and strategised a revolutionary movement toliberate Bulgaria from Ottoman rule. He was sentenced to death and hanged in 1873.
Levski is not a typical surname in Bulgaria.
One of Bulgaria's most popular football teams is named after Vasil Levski, which creates additional allusions of Quidditch being the football counterpart of the wizarding community.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)