She graduated from the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in 2004 receiving a Laurence Olivier Bursary in her second year. In her final year she won the Carleton Hobbs Award with BBC Radio Drama Company and has since worked regularly in radio. Credits include: Susan in The Raj Quartet, Dora in this Christmas's David Copperfield, Camille Claudel in The Danaide and The Girl in I Enjoyed Myself Today with Samantha Bond all for Radio 4.
She has also been in various episodes of Radio 4's award winning comedy sitcom Claire in the Community with Sally Philips and was in both Watch the Spider and Days and Nights in Bedlam for Radio 3's The Wire. Bristol born Alex has recently appeared as Bethany in TV's smash hit comedy Little Britain alongside Matt Lucas's Vicky Pollard. Television credits also include this year's Comic Relief alongside Catherine Tate and BBC comedy pilot Little Miss Jocelyn.
- "Casualty" (1986) (TV series) - Tracy 'Track' Wooley (1 episode, 2007)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) (video game) - Susan Bones
- "EastEnders" (1985) (TV series) - Diseased Moll (1 episode, 2007)
- "Jam & Jerusalem" (2006) (TV series) - Woman with Injured Girl (1 episode, 2006)
- "Little Britain" (2003) (TV series) (2 episodes, 2004)
Behind the scenes
- Alex is no stranger to Scottish theatre having spent three summers at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival performing with the NYMT in both Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy.
- The theatre-play "The Marsh King's Daughter" marks Alex's professional theatre debut.