Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Remus Lupin: "They’re trying to discredit him. Didn't you see the Daily Prophet last week? They reported that he’d been voted out of the Chairmanship of the International Confederation of Wizards because he’s getting old and losing his grip, but it’s not true, he was voted out by Ministry wizards after he made a speech announcing Voldemort’s return. They've demoted him from Chief Warlock on the Wizengamot — that’s the Wizard High Court — and they’re talking about taking away his Order of Merlin, First Class, too."
- William Weasley: "But Dumbledore says he doesn't care what they do as long as they don’t take him off the Chocolate Frog cards."
- — William Weasley on Albus Dumbledore's opinion of his Chocolate Frog Card.[src]
Albus Dumbledore is portrayed on one of many Chocolate Frog Cards. This Chocolate Frog Card listed some of his accomplishments, including his duel with Gellert Grindelwald, his discovery of the uses of dragon's blood, and his alchemical work. This Chocolate Frog Card would serve as an instrumental source of information to assist Harry Potter in his discovery of Voldemort's plot to steal the Philosopher's Stone.
On 1 September, 1991, Harry Potter purchased a large quantity of wizarding sweets from the Honeydukes Express during his first trip on the Hogwarts Express, including some Chocolate Frogs. Upon opening his first one, he discovered Dumbledore's card. This would serve as his first introduction to two things: the concept of moving portraits in the wizarding world and the identity of Dumbledore himself, who would soon become his headmaster and a close friend.
Later that school year, Harry and his friends Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger searched feverishly for the identity of Nicolas Flamel, who they knew from an unintentional tip from Rubeus Hagrid was connected to the mysterious package that had been transported from Gringotts Wizarding Bank to Hogwarts Castle. Harry was certain he had read the name somewhere, but could not recall where. As the trio were beginning to give up hope, Harry gave a Chocolate Frog to Neville Longbottom to console him after he had the Leg-Locker Curse cast on him by Draco Malfoy. The card happened to be Dumbledore's. After looking at it again, Harry realised that Flamel's name was on the card as a partner of Dumbledore's in alchemy. This caused Hermione to make the connection that Flamel was the creator of the Philosopher's Stone.
During the British Ministry of Magic's attempt to discredit Dumbledore in 1995, William Weasley noted that Dumbledore joked that he didn't care how many of his titles and accolades he lost as long as his Chocolate Frog Cards continued to be made.
Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon’s blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel. Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and ten-pin bowling.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows