|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
When Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter, Helena, stole her mother's diadem, she hid it in an Albanian forest. It remained hidden for several centuries, until Tom Marvolo Riddle discovered that Helena was the Grey Lady, the House Ghost of Ravenclaw, and managed to get the information about its resting place from her. He recovered it, and turned it into one of his Horcruxes.
Following his downfall in 1981, Tom Riddle, now known as Lord Voldemort, fled to Albania in his weakened state. During this time (1946-1992), Albania was a communist country, and the government refused to let anyone leave or enter. Following these rules, wizards could only get in or out through apparition, or, in Voldemort's case, his ghost-like weakened state. In 1991, he encountered Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry's Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Quirrell, who was looking for him, so that he could at the very least try to capture him or at best learn from him. However, Quirrell overestimated himself, and Voldemort completely overpowered the man, thus leaving Albania and back to London.
Following his failed attempt to steal the Philosopher's Stone, Voldemort returned to Albania, where he was discovered by his former servant, Peter Pettigrew in 1994. Voldemort also broke the mind of Bertha Jorkins in Albania after she ran into Pettigrew at a wayside inn, learning of the Triwizard Tournament and setting into motion a plan to kill Harry Potter and return to full vitality.
- The Doxy can be found in Albania
- The Dugbog can be found in Albania.
- The Graphorn can be found in Albania.
- The Nogtail can be found in Albania.
- The Troll can be found in Albania.
- The Vampire can be found in Albania.
The ashwinder, basilisk, bundimun, chizpurfle, clabbert, fairy, flobberworm, ghoul, hippogriff, jobberknoll, kneazle, merpeople, mooncalf, plimpy, puffskein, salamander, streeler, werewolf and winged horse are all found worldwide.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Albania at Wikipedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 31 (The Battle of Hogwarts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 17 (The Man with Two Faces)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 18 (Dobby's Reward)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 33 (The Death Eaters)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire