|Alastor Moody's wand|
Like most wizards and witches in Great Britain, it is likely he purchased it at Ollivanders Wand Shop at the age of eleven before beginning his education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was able to perform powerful magic with this wand, such as being able to cast a Disillusionment Charm, as well as defeating many Dark Wizards during his career as an Auror, personally killing Evan Rosier. Barty Crouch Jr. was able to cast all three Unforgivable Curses with this wand while impersonating Moody via Polyjuice Potion during the 1994–1995 school year at Hogwarts. The wand was lost during the Battle of the Seven Potters, when it was blown out of its owner's hand and fell hundreds of feet to the ground, shortly followed by Moody himself.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, his wand is shown to be quite short with battle marks over it. It is unknown if the battle marks are part of the design or real.
- A new version of the wand was released by the Noble Collection. It is larger than the original that was available in an Ollivander's box and it has two rings with a metallic look.The likeliest explanation is that they wished to make the wand more attractive, but an in-universe explanation would be that the wand shown in the fourth film was actually Crouch's wand, although it's unlikely that both wands beared such a resemblance and that Crouch used his wand while being disguised.
- Barty Crouch Jr. may have won this wand's allegiance when he overpowered, defeated and kidnapped Moody before the start of Harry's 4th year. It is most likely he did, considering he was able to cast many difficult spells without any apparent problems. Furthermore, it is unknown how it worked for Alastor Moody after he was freed, as it is never stated how a wand that has been won behaves towards it's original master afterwards.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Very briefly)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Very briefly)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4