- Molly Weasley: "Arthur, is that you?"
- Arthur Weasley: "Yes. But I would say that even if I were a Death Eater, dear. Ask the question!"
- Molly Weasley: "Oh, honestly…"
- Arthur Weasley: "Molly!"
- Molly Weasley: "All right, all right… What is your dearest ambition?"
- Arthur Weasley: "To find out how aeroplanes stay up."
- — Molly and Arthur Weasley check each other's identities during the Second Wizarding War.[src]
An aeroplane is a large Muggle aircraft with wings which is propelled forward by thrust from a jet engine or propeller. It is used by Muggles to transport people and cargo through the air to long-distance, or otherwise inaccessible locations.
Behind the scenes
- According to the second W.O.M.B.A.T. on J. K. Rowling's Official Site, the aeroplane may be the only Muggle invention whose effects cannot be duplicated fully by magic.
- In the U.S. editions of the Harry Potter titles, the term "airplane" is used.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance) (Model)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Mentioned only)