- "Indeed, from antiquity until well into the Modern Ages, a physics devoid of metaphysical insight would have been as unsatisfying as a metaphysical devoid of physical manifestation."
- —An excerpt from "Different Methods of Potion Preparation", a chapter in the book.[src]
Advanced Potion-Making is a book written by Libatius Borage. As the title implies this book contains advanced recipes and various other topics related to potion-making. This textbook has been used for decades in the education of young witches and wizards.
This book was released around 1946 or earlier. It was used by students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in their final two years of study. This is a N.E.W.T.-level textbook used in Potions class, students who achieved an 'Outstanding' or an 'Exceeds Expectation' on their Ordinary Wizarding Level, advance to N.E.W.T. where they get the chance to study advanced potion-making and by extension this book.
The book contains many potions, but only a few were mentioned.
- Draught of Living Death (page 10)
- Elixir to Induce Euphoria
- Hiccoughing Solution
- Everlasting Elixirs
- Felix Felicis
- Poison Antidote (following Golpalott's Third Law)
- Different Methods of Potion Preparation
- The Right Use of the Ingredients
Behind the scenes
- As seen in Harry Potter Limited Edition, both the second and fourth editions of the book are used for Professor Slughorn's sixth year class.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Indirectly mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references