Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Acid Pops are one of the sweets sold by Honeydukes Sweetshop in Hogsmeade. They may be similar to the Muggle lollipops, but like most Honeydukes' fare, they have an unconventional, practical joke-like twist with wizarding magic wherein they are able to burn a hole in the tongue.
"Acid Pops" was also a password used to gain entrance to Albus Dumbledore's office at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry while Harry was at school. Dumbledore informed Harry of this via a note which included the clue "P.S.: I enjoy Acid Pops."
Behind the scenes
- Hasbro used to sell Acid Pops as novelty sweets.
- Given that they can burn a hole through the tongue, Acid Pops would seem to be extremely dangerous and extremely painful to eat - why it is sold despite such a high risk of injury remains a mystery, although a possible explanation would be that the injuries caused by an Acid Pop are easily healed by magic means, since Ron's tongue damage was apparently healed without any complications or aftereffects, making the Acid Pops a sort of a "magic extreme sport of the tongue".
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Possible appearance)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site