|Accidental Magic Reversal Squad|
Correct magical accidents, such as spells gone wrong
- "You will be pleased to hear that we have dealt with the unfortunate blowing-up of Miss Marjorie Dursley. Two members of the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad were dispatched to Privet Drive a few hours ago. Miss Dursley has been punctured and her memory has been modified. She has no recollection of the incident at all. So that's that, and no harm done."
- —Cornelius Fudge to Harry Potter in the summer of 1993.[src]
The Accidental Magic Reversal Squad (also known as the Accidental Magic Reversal Department) was a division of the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes responsible for reversing the effects of magical mishaps caused by inexperienced witches and wizards, those who had not learned to control their magic, or those who may not have been very skilled. Two members of this Squad were responsible for the puncturing and memory modification of Marjorie Dursley, after the incident at her brother's home in the summer of 1993.
As memory modifications are required, it is possible that Obliviators are included into the squad.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Notes and references