The Harry Potter Wiki reveals plot details about the series. Read at your own risk!
- 28 September 2016: Wizarding World Weekly: ‘Fantastic Beasts’ and ‘Harry Potter’ News, continally updated.
- 28 September 2016: The final trailer of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is released.
- 8 August 2016: NBCUniversal announces that they have inked a deal to air the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films on NBC and the cable networks SyFy and USA Network beginning in 2018, transferring from ABC and FreeForm.
- 31 July 2016: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child breaks sales records in its debut in script form. The stage show receives glowing critical acclaim.
Newton Artemis Fido "Newt" Scamander, was a famed Magizoologist and author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Scamander developed an interest in magical creatures early in life, influenced by his mother's breeding of hippogriffs. After attending, and graduating from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scamander joined the Ministry of Magic.
After spending two years in the Office for House-Elf Relocation, Scamander joined the Beast Division and put his knowledge of magical beasts to good use. In 1918, Scamander was commissioned by Augustus Worme of Obscurus Books to write Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- ...that Rubeus Hagrid was 62 in Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts?
- ...that Albus Dumbledore's favourite kind of jam is raspberry?
- ...Peeves's hat with bells was custom-made in 1876 by Madame Bonhabille of Paris by request of Headmistress Eupraxia Mole, who was trying to compensate the Poltergeist after the caretaker of the day tried to get rid of him?
- ...that when Severus Snape substituted for Remus Lupin in Harry's third year Defence Against the Dark Arts class, he said that Kappas are from Mongolia when they are actually from Japan?
- ...that there are one hundred and forty-two staircases in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?
- Warner Bros.
- Bloomsbury.com (International publisher)
- Scholastic.com (US publisher)
- Raincoast.com (Canadian publisher)
- Pottermore Wiki
- Harry Potter Answers Wiki
- Harry Potter Fanfiction Wiki
- Harry Potter Fanon Wiki
- The Potter Dictionary Wiki
- Dumbledore's Army Role-Play Wiki
- LEGO Harry Potter Wiki
- AVPM Wiki
- The J K Rowling Adult Fiction Wiki
1 October is the 274th day of the year (275th in leap years). There are 91 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1997: Ron becomes increasingly irritable (partly due to his possession of Salazar Slytherin's Locket) and around this time leaves Harry and Hermione to search for Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes on their own.
Behind the scenes
- 1930: Actor Richard Harris, who portrayed Albus Dumbledore in the first and second Harry Potter films, is born.
- 1989: Actor Louis Cordice, who portrayed Blaise Zabini, is born.
- 2011: Pottermore was subject to open to the public. Its date was then delayed to sometime in Spring/Summer 2012.
No quote of the week! Submit one below.
Read more >
I noticed that there is a pink bird flying behind the two Graphorns in the recent trailer. Does anybody know what it is? I believe it's a Fwooper, as they have been stated to be pink, but this bird …
Read more >
Now that the new Fantastic Beasts trailer has come out, we got a clearer look at the creature under the ice. Does anybody know what this could be? It looks kind of like a seal, but it might just be …
It's here! The final trailer of 'Fantastic Beasts' premiered this morning. Watch it below in all its glory:Read more >