8 September is the 251st day of the year (252nd in leap years). There are 114 days remaining.
- 1157: Richard I, King of England between 1189 and his death, is born.
- 1992: Under the influence of Tom Riddle's diary, Ginny Weasley opens the Chamber of Secrets for the second time since it was first opened in 1943.
- 1993: The Boggart that Remus Lupin used for his Defence Against the Dark Arts class, took up residence in the teacher's wardrobe in the Staffroom.
- 1995: Percy Weasley sends Ron Weasley a letter advising him to distance himself from Harry Potter. Sirius Black appears in the Gryffindor common room fireplace to discuss the pain in Harry's scar and Dolores Umbridge. The Ministry of Magic passes the Educational Decree Number 23, appointing Dolores Umbridge as the High Inquisitor.
Behind the scenesEdit
- 1979: Miles Jupp, the actor who portrayed a TV weatherman on the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is born.
- 8 September on Wikipedia