6 December is the 340th day of the year (341st in leap years). There are 25 days remaining.
- 1421: Henry VI, King of England from 1422 to 1461, is born.
- 1928: Rubeus Hagrid is born to Mr. Hagrid and Fridwulfa.
- 1992: Hermione Granger continues brewing Polyjuice Potion in the Second-floor girls' lavatory. The potion is half-finished by now.
- 1993: Professor Minerva McGonagall takes the names of those staying at Hogwarts during the Christmas holidays.
- 1995: Ron Weasley and Hermione's Prefect duties become more onerous: they must supervise castle decoration, patrol the corridors at night and supervise First and Second years on their breaks.
- 1998: Griselda Jorkins is born.
Behind the scenes
- 1955: Edward Tudor-Pole, who played Mr. Borgin in a deleted scene in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is born.