30 June is the 181st day of the year (182nd in leap years). There are 184 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1997: Harry Potter gets a note from Dumbledore, telling him they are to seek out a Horcrux. While on the way to the Headmaster's Tower, Harry meets Sybill Trelawney, who reveals to him that Severus Snape was the one who overheard the Prophecy and told part of its contents to Voldemort, and thus was, to some degree, responsible for the the Potters' murders. Harry travels with Dumbledore to a seaside cave and retrieves the false Horcrux, while attacked by Inferi. Harry and Dumbledore return to Hogwarts, Dumbledore is confronted by Draco Malfoy and Death Eaters atop the Astronomy Tower. A battle has ensued downstairs. Severus Snape kills Albus Dumbledore, on the latter's instruction. McGonagall and the Heads of House consider closing the school.
Behind the scenes
- 1962: Predrag Bjelac, the actor who played Igor Karkaroff in the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, is born.
- 1997: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is published by Bloomsbury.
- 2009: The video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is released.
- 30 June on Wikipedia
Notes and references
- ↑ According to Scrimgeour (and Hermione) in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 7 (The Will of Albus Dumbledore), the Ministry has the right to maintain possession of Dumbledore's bequests for thirty-one days only, in accordance with the Decree for Justifiable Confiscation. Dumbledore's bequests were delivered to Ron, Hermione and Harry on 31 July 1997: Harry Potter's seventeenth birthday. As it is referred in that chapter that the "thirty-one days are up", Dumbledore died exactly thirty-one days earlier, in the evening of 30 June.